• Menu
  • Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to secondary navigation
  • Skip to main content

My Pretoria

Pretoria's Community Site

  • News
  • Submit Pretoria News
  • Accomodation
  • Events
  • Free Business Listing
  • Free Events Listing
  • News
  • News
  • Submit Pretoria News
  • Accomodation
  • Events
You are here: Home / Government / Presidency Rejects Motlanthe Media Allegations

Presidency Rejects Motlanthe Media Allegations

18 November 2013 8:35 am

The Presidency has, through a statement released by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation, strongly rejected the allegations made in the Media24 titles this weekend that President Jacob Zuma had a hand in an alleged withdrawal of an academic honour for Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe in the People’s Republic of China and that they no longer work together.

The Department said; “The reports are baseless and ridiculous. Neither the President nor his Private Office had any knowledge of this honour that was apparently turned down until enquiries came from Media24 or Naspers newspapers.

“Earlier this year the Presidency was also surprised by fictitious reports in the Sunday Independent newspaper that President Zuma was apparently preventing the Deputy President from travelling outside the country.

“We explained then that the international programme of the President and Deputy President is coordinated with DIRCO in consultation with the Presidency.

“The President and the Deputy President continue to work well together and share responsibilities including Cabinet.

“It would thus assist greatly if the media probed deeper before believing and publishing spurious allegations of this nature so as not to peddle falsehoods,” concluded the Department of International Relations and Cooperation.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Filed Under: Government Tagged With: Jacob Zuma, Kgalema Motlanthe, Sunday Independent 18 November 2013 at 8:35 am

About Alan

My ethos is espoused in the words of Nelson Mandela: “I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”

You will always find me standing on the side of the underdog OR HERE.

RSS feed: Pretoria/Tshwane PR News Pretoria/Tshwane PR News

  • Africa & African Diaspora Conference – 26–30 October 2026, Johannesburg 20 August 2026
  • Eco Smart Pest Control Publishes Pest Prevention Guide for Johannesburg Food Service Kitchens 20 August 2026
  • Dr. T Fletcher on Winter Eye Care in Johannesburg 20 August 2026
  • Gold Avenue: Secure Sandton Venue to Exchange Gold for Cash 20 August 2026
Previous Post: « Pretoria Team’s Titanic Comeback
Next Post: Education department says it is confident that it has delivered »

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Free Business Listing
  • Free Events Listing
  • News

Copyright © 2026 · Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa · Privacy Policy