Pretoria Image: Murray Park House built for the wealthy pastoralist Alexander Borthwick Murray in 1884. Now part of the Magill Campus of the University of South Australia.

This #Union Buildings tagged image is courtesy of Flickr. Click on the Flickr account holder below the photograph to see more. Image by denisbin AB Murray (1816-1902), as he was often known, actually came to SA to help a fellow Scot James Malcolm who owned Poltalloch Station on Lake Alexandrina as well as leases at Mt Crawford. (The Lake Alexandrina property was later bought by the Bowmans and the WEA runs a history tour to Callington and this station once or twice a year.) AB Murray had … [Read more...]